July 27, 2008
I realize that it is one month and six days after Danny's birthday but better late than never right? I love Danny so much and I know that deep down he feels cheated for not having a birthday post. I was always planning on doing one, but got a little sidetracked. So here it is . . .
Twenty-nine things I love about Danny.
1. He's a really good dad and husband. He makes sacrifices for us everyday. The boys love him and he is a good example to them.
2. He is a good provider. He works hard so that I can stay home and take care of the boys.
3. He's fun to be with. He doesn't criticize or see the negative in situations or people but focuses on the positive.
4. He's a good cook. He isn't afraid to try new things. If he tastes something he likes he'll go home and figure out how to make it. His food is always gourmet and his food always looks as good as it tastes.
5. He is a kid at heart. I don't think that Danny will ever "grow up" because he doesn't want to. He likes to be spontaneous and play funny tricks on people like when he scares me in the shower every other day.
6. He loves to be outside. He loves to surf, backpack, hike, swim, fish, play ultimate, cliff dive, and the list goes on.
7. He has an amazing green thumb. He can grow anything. He is growing an abundant garden right now with at least 30 different vegetables and fruits.
8. He is a really good coach. He has coached me through many things. Most recently Frisbee as he watched injured from the sidelines wishing he could play.
9. He is guileless. He never does things to get even, or teach someone a lesson, or make someone jealous or mad. (I have Arrested Development on the mind.)
10. He is adventurous.
11. He is a good scientist. He is a smarty pants but you would never know it.
12. He is a good teacher. He never makes you feel dumb for not knowing something or not knowing how to do something. He just taught Gio how to fish at the lake. Gio was so excited.
13. He is good with his hands. He can figure anything out, fix anything, make anything, etc.
14. He is funny. He knows how to make people laugh.
15. He isn’t afraid to learn new things. He just got a new camera and is learning how it works. (I’m totally afraid of it.)
16. He loves the water. When Danny and I first started hanging out everything we did had to do with water. We when prawn fishing, surfing, jumping off the point or Waimea or spitting caves, spear fishing, or hiking to a water fall.
17. He’s a good writer.
18. He is a fast runner. He ran and won the turkey trot cold turkey.
19. He is goofy so we like to surf the same spots.
20. He is a good brother and friend.
21. He likes good food.
22. He is a good athlete.
23. He has huge calves.
24. He speaks Cantonese.
25. He let me use his toothbrush the first time I met him.
26. He has pretty blue eyes.
27. He can play the harmonica like my grandpa.
28. He likes to make love chocolates.
29. He loves me.
I love you Danny and I am so happy I get to spend my life (and eternity) with you.
July 24, 2008
July 18, 2008
ve been reading for the last 6 months (pathetic I know). Danny had been taking care of the boys while I was taking this little indulgence. So I thought. Gio came into my room trying to tell me something but I just kept on reading. I finished my book and came out to the living room. Feeling good about my accomplishment, however small it was. Zeke greeted me with this little surprise.